Your Future is here!
Fox News is committed to delivering news as it happens. We love what we do and we’re looking for passionate, talented people to help us lead, grow and achieve our goals. If your dream is to work in TV, joining the number one cable news network in America is the opportunity of a lifetime. You will work side-by-side with the best in a business and be part of a highly successful, dynamic team that has transformed the way people get their information.
We are looking for an experienced Web Designer with a focus on user interface design to join our digital team. As a Web Designer at Fox News, you will be responsible for driving forward the look and feel of the Fox News and Fox Business digital properties.
While web development skills are not required, a working understanding of web technologies - including front-end languages such as HTML, CSS, and concepts such as adaptive and responsive web design - are greatly beneficial.
A snapshot of your responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the rest of the design team, stakeholders, and engineers in an iterative and feedback-driven process to create highly-polished, visual layouts and interfaces based on user research, business requirements and technical constraints
- Coming up with effective solutions to multiple user experience problems
- You will contribute to delivering content in new and exciting ways
- You have experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Photoshop)
- You have experience in creating web layouts and user-interfaces. This may include wire-framing, utilizing grid systems, and following style and layout guidelines
- Ability to work within a team and execute project requirements in a timely and organized manner, often under tight deadlines
- Desire to expand web design knowledge within a fast-paced news environment
- Experience delivering great customer experiences and a solid understanding of what made those customer experiences great
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are able to articulate design decisions to stakeholders and upper-management
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with web standards
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Sketch and InVision
- Experience with PHP