Winning a daily and monthly award is an awesome achievement and something to be proud of. Winning WOTY on the other hand is a whole new level of success - particularly with a year like 2020 as the canvas. It's in tough times like these that true legends really shine.
Like the renaissance masters of yesterday, today's designers and developers weave the seemingly abstract into pure art. Those that innovate and move the industry forward while maintaining the highest standards become the inspiration for generations to come. Sure the tools may have changed but the challenge remains the same - and that's what WOTY is all about. Overcoming every obstacle and still producing brilliant work.
On behalf of the CSS Design Awards community we congratulate the winners and thank all other contestants, judges and fans for another brilliant year of web design and development!
Top 10 WOTY 2020 scores:
- Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond by Jam3, Oculus & Electronic Arts = 9.31
- Kode by Merci-Michel = 9.29
- Huluween: The Screamlands by Active Theory = 9.19
- CHILE20 by Active Theory = 9.17
- Chartogne Taillet by Immersive Garden = 9.17
- Deliciously Dark Escape by Active Theory = 9.13
- Moooi - A Life Extraordinary by Build in Amsterdam = 9.13
- The Fabric of America by CANVAS United & GALLEGOS United = 9.13
- Jam3 - FWA 100 by Jam3 = 9.09
- Typography Principles by Obys = 9.09
- Squarespace Browser History by Squarespace = 9.09
Best In Class Winners:
- Best UI Site: Chartogne Taillet by Immersive Garden
- Best UX Site: CHILE20 by Active Theory
- Best Innovation Site: Kode by Merci-Michel
- Best E-Commerce Site: Moooi - A Life Extraordinary by Build in Amsterdam
- Best Agency Site: Vide Infra by Vide Infra
- Best Studio Site: CUSP by CUSP
- Best Portfolio Site: Clmt. — Photography by Clement Merouani & Guillaume Colombel